Importing from China: Why use an Agent?
(and not just buy from a Chinese factory directly?)
You want to maximize your profits so you’re going to source goods or components from China. You look on the internet, see many factories advertising products that you’re interested in. You might send an email, get a reply which varies from competent to incomprehensible. As you go deeper, you start to find that “yes” actually often means “maybe” and even “no”. Indeed, in the Chinese language, the literal translation of “No” is “Not Yes”!
So how to connect East to West?
YUAN Ltd is a UK based company that operates in three main areas- Import to the UK, Export to China and Exhibition Management in China. Their key advantages:
• Normal UK working time: no 8 hour time difference to deal with. It’s a 24 hour service- when China sleeps, the UK office is always available
• 365 day results: even though China may close for New Year and other holidays, you can always get answers from the UK office
• English and Chinese staff, ensuring that you are understood properly and that the information is transferred to China correctly
• Talk to a real person- simply make an appointment and discuss your requirements face to face, not over weeks of misunderstood emails
• Physically based in the UK, operating under UK law, YUAN Ltd is safe to deal with- you are not sending your money off to a foreign country, to people you don’t know and have no way to chase. When dealing with China, the key issue is Trust.
But the factory offered me a good price…
Are you sure? Without a doubt, a factory will try its best to get the most from you as they have to make a profit as well- but with a trading services company such as YUAN Ltd you get
• Prices checked and compared across several competing factories
• Small order quantities may be negotiable that would not normally be possible, due to relationships with existing suppliers. A good trading service company will be able to use its influence to your benefit
• Chinese negotiating on your behalf- absolutely necessary for best results. Even from your first email, a factory will see which country you come from and price the goods accordingly!
• Factory visits, auditing, QC. There is a world of difference between someone’s email boasts and actually standing in the workshop!
• Quality Standards. Many, many factories will say, “Yes, no problem” when you ask for CE GS BS TÜV ASTM EN71 etc. But when it actually comes to production, they cannot meet the criteria. A good trading service will arrange for samples to be tested at an internationally recognised laboratory so that you don’t end up in the UK receiving a container full of products that you can’t sell
• Do you know which regions of China makes dinner plates? Toothbrushes? Washing machines? This kind of knowledge will avoid you either paying too much or even being tricked
If you are a retailer or have an internet shop, this trading services company can provide small order quantities and undertake unique, custom made items with labeling and packaging as well as free container consolidation so you can receive a variety of goods with the least shipping cost.
For the larger retailer or wholesaler, a second quote is never a bad thing and a backup supplier is even better! In these financially straightened times, it becomes necessary to look beyond your existing suppliers and just see if someone else can supply the same goods for less.
For those companies with their own buying offices in Hong Kong, they are already paying too much, without question. A company such as YUAN Ltd, with offices in Shenzhen and YiWu (two of the industrial heartlands of China) is neither paying Hong Kong wages or business rates, but has local knowledge which is unbeatable when you want the best price, new products or need to chase up issues.
With customers from America, Russia, Europe, Australia, Japan, and Europe, they have the experience and confidence to truly claim “Supplying the World is our Business.TM”
Registered in England and Wales 07847577 | Copyright © Yuan Ltd 2011 - 2013 all rights reserved | site map